Tuesday, 8 July 2014

The bargainous skirt!

I decided to have a wee nosey at the start of the Zara sale a few weeks back. Not the smartest move for someone who is supposed to be saving all their pennies for the new house, but I just couldn't resist.

I think I did pretty well though and was very restrained, the husband might not agree but what he doesn't know won't hurt him eh?  My "what this old thing?! I've had it for years" act deserves an Oscar nomination at this stage. 

So what did I buy, well I hate to say it but it's sort of predictable, neon - check, grey -check, nursing friendly - check! 

I couldn't resist this neon jacket, bright jackets are brilliant for just finishing off an outfit. This one will work all year round and looks as good over jumpsuits and dress as it does over a white tee and jeans. It seems to be sold out now unfortunately. 


As soon as I saw this jumpsuit I knew it was for me. I've been drawn to this minty blue colour recently and the fact that it has a wrap for making the boobies accessible meant it was a done deal. This now seems to be sold out also.


But what I'm really loving is this grey wrap skirt. I'm sure I've well over ten jersey skirts in my wardrobe. They are so versatile and usually very cheap, that it's hard to pass one up. The go with everything from killer heels to converse. This grey one was no exception, as I knew I could wear it out, or wear it during the day with flats. It has the perfect amount of stretch and has an added spanx effect of pulling you in, and who doesn't love it when that happens!!

H&M Breton top
H&M heels 

Topshop top
Next sandals

I went back to the Zara website today to check if they are still in stock, as I've had a lot of people asking where I got it and what do you know they're only down to six blooming quid!! Mine was £9.99 at the start of the sale. I'm sure I don't even have to tell you I ended up buying another couple. The neon and charcoal are now on their way to me!!

Buy here

Buy here

Buy here

There are also patterned ones, which are equally as nice, and I love the grey knot front one too, but was very restrained and decided one grey jersey skirt is enough, even for me.

Buy here

Buy here

Buy here

There a quite a few sizes left in most of them, but if you fancy one be quick, as I can't imagine they'll hang around long at £5.99!! 

Tx

10 comments:

  1. Not so long ago you were the most glam Mum To Be I'd ever seen ... and now you definitely deserve the title of Yummy Mummy. You look fab in that skirt (I have serious shoe envy by the way) and I'm not surprised that you bought it in a few colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some lovely bits you've bought Trea and as a busy new mum - you deserve it! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always look fab in brights, Trea, and I love your outfits as always. I never venture into Zara as their style just doesn't seem to suit me at all :-( Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the neon! What size did you get? I'm a similar size to you but not sure whether to get a S or a M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a small Rachel which I would say would be an 8-10. But they're quite stretchy anyway. Cannot wait to get my hands on the neon one!

      Delete
  5. The mint jumpsuit is fab! I'm nursing too now, we are on Day 10 & I'm cycling through my button front tops as none of my wraps tops are loose like that jumpsuit. Plus I think the dolly boobs would look obscene. They'll settle down eventually but man, I'd forgotten about the Dolly boobs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its a great skirt & what a total bargain too! Love it in the grey! Ax

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got two identical skirts at h&m. They're great for the summer. I sized up so they wouldn't be mini (my ideal skirt length is now a couple of inches above the knee, but don't worry, I'm a bit older)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing skirt. Is it short short? I have a fear of wearing it and it riding up to show my pants!!!!
    You have an amazing figure for saying you really did just give birth

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments it's always nice to hear your thoughts.